Saturday, March 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yes, it's been a long time. I make no guarantee that I will post faithfully in the future, but I do appreciate the few of you who have continued to check back occasionally. You're either persistant or bored.

In the past weeks, (okay, months) my family celebrated three birthdays, reacquainted ourselves with a traveling family band, enjoyed a visit from my grandparents, and many other fun activities. We also found a church which we intend to join.

On the work front, I've had a few outdoor projects lately. I built a deck, and I've started a gazebo. The gazebo is actually a replacement for an existing gazebo which was beginning to fall to pieces. A feng shui advisor told the homeowner that a wooden structure was one of the best things he could have in that quadrant of his property, so he figured he better have one that was in better condition. I hope he doesn't blame me if he gets sick or has a car wreck before I get the new one built.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello John...I'm impressed! No, more than that, I think I am jealous...... You did such a good job on the gazebo. Everything you do shows quality workmanship. What better can I say? Grandmother