Wednesday, March 14, 2007

San Antonio Folk Dance Festival

Last weekend Katie and I were in San Antonio for the SAFDF. On Saturday evening there was a perfomance by groups from San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans. Our group did a set of dances from the Czech Republic. It was perticularly exciting for me, because it was my first show to direct and choreograph. We came up short of perfection, but we got lots of good reviews from the audience, and I think the Houston dancers were pleased with how things went. Overall, the whole show was the best I've seen in the three years I've been going. People had obviously put a lot of work into costumes and practice, and the lights and sound came off without a glich. There was more of a feeling of energy and excitement than there has been in past years.

No comments: