Saturday, May 13, 2006

United 93

I saw United 93 this afternoon. For those who may not know, it details the story of the hijacked plane that went down in Pennsylvania on September 11, 2001. I appreciated the way in which the story was told, in that the focus was on the human tragedy and the acts of personal heroism that were displayed that day. It is the story of everyday people going about their everyday lives but being thrust into extraordinary circumstances. The portrayal is of real confusion, real fear, and real courage. This, to me, was very inspiring, even with the tragic ending.

I'm glad the movie is being shown, because it is a great reminder to Americans to not take their next hour for granted.

Warning: For those who are especially sensitive, the movie does contain some violence and language.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I was planning on going to see it, but now that you've ruined the ending for me, there's not much point. :)

Seriously though, I'm glad you enjoyed it(would enjoyed be the right word for something like this?). I think it is something America needs, and the nation seems to have already forgotten the courage and sacrifice of many on that day. I hope to see the movie sometime this week.

John said...

Hi Lindsay,

Thanks for visiting! Before your comment, I didn't know if anyone outside my family even knew about my blog.

"enjoyed"? Katie and I came home and were asked how the movie was. Pause. Well, everybody died. That kind of summed it up as far as first impressions.