Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Twice-Satisfied Customer

I just got my computer back from Dell. The speakers went out a few days after I got the computer, and I had to send it in to get them replaced. No, I did not blow them out with loud music. I'm a little worried about what else might happen if the speakers failed for no apparent reason so quickly. To their credit, though, Dell warranty service was very quick and responsive. I heard recently that the average satisfied customer tells five people about their buying experience, and that the average dissatisfied customer tells ten people. However, a customer who has a problem which is remedied satisfactorily is likely to tell fifteen people. So there you go--I'm a statistic.

2 comments:

Justin said...

We are big time satisfied Dell customers. We currently have four Dell laptops and one Desktop...all have been very reliable(one of them is about 4 years old and has been dropped several times!)

John said...

Yes, I got a Dell because of all the good things I heard about them. Hopefully I will have no further need to talk to the warranty department.